Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Soll ich es zu feiern?

I'm puzzled at somehow people look at things different than i am.
I just received the unofficial exam result for 3 out of 4 papers i sat in February. I just scored ok, not too great (didn't go out of my expectation much, maybe just a bit disappointed with my paper 3).
My senior supervisor was reacted to it positively, shortly after i told her this news. First, she congratulaled me, and suggested me to go home and celebrate it now. I replied politely to her, saying that the result is nothing great to celebrate... 'cause what i know about celebration is something you feel it's a great achievement that you are proud of. To me, this result isn't that great.
She quickly responded to me, 'you know? this is Imperial Msc course, suppose to be a tough course ya? Don't be a pessimist, you need to pick up and appreciate the part of the process you are undergoing (to success). It's a very good result to me, well done!'
Just when i was trying to breathe out few words, she continued: ' listen, now i'm not asking you, but this is an order. GO HOME and have a celebration tonight!'

=) well, what can i say? she's my 'boss'. I just watched a football match with Andy, Ping and Dave at home. I guess i take this as my small 'celebration' gua... although the defeat of Manchester United would be better cause to celebrate (but it didn't happen) =P

Now, i still insist to keep my calm head, evaluate my performance rationally. Because i know myself better than others. I am not overjoyed, but just got a feeling of content. I am actually looking forward to accomplish this Master degree with the best that i could, and also carry that forward to my phD studies later. Thanks for the people who gives me the support, encouragement, and motivation all the way i need to keep myself forward.

1 comment:

von yi said...

Yup, you are right. It really depends on how we think. I do think you have done your best, and I am really proud of you. Keep it up my dear =) you have all my support!
Chee Han boleh! ^^