Saturday, August 17, 2013

Don't waste food 不浪費食物

I don't waste food. I don't like the idea of wasting food, so I try my best not to.
These are the few things I practise: I don't discard the rice stuck to the rice cooker. Instead i will filter and collect them after they were soften in water and re-cook them tomorrow.
I don't throw away uncooked bones, be it pork, beef or chicken. Vegetables stems too. They are good for cooking soup. Therefore I don't usually buy condensed soup flavouring tablets.
I try my best to plan a reasonable grocery shopping list, so that I try not to buy too much until the food becomes spoilt and has to be discarded in the end. If possible, try to make more trips to local groceries to ensure the food you buy is fresh, and retain most of the nutrients.
Of course, I try not to cook too much if I can not finish, otherwise I should just try to finish later. Same goes to outside food, do not order much more than you can consume.

我不喜歡浪费食物,所以在生活中我盡可能去做到。
我不只不倒掉飯焦,反而收起來明天做飯時放回飯鍋重煮。
我也將去掉的豬骨,雞骨或牛骨冰凍雪藏起來(蔬菜梗我也收,但不冰凍),因為這些可以用作煮湯的材料。所以我不買濃縮湯味精。
我也儘量不一次購買太多的食物,以致食物過期腐爛然後被逼要丟掉。如果時間允許,盡可能去附近的菜市場買最新鮮的蔬菜肉類。這樣我就可以確保食物的營養價值不流失。
當然,如果不吃那麼多就別煮太多,煮了就盡可能吃完別浪費。外面的食物也是一樣,吃不了那麼多就別叫那麼多。

No comments: