Sunday, January 29, 2017

2016 'watched' list

Whenever time is appropriate and convenient, Xiao Hui and I would prefer to watch movie together in our home theatre (because watching movie from a video beamer is so cool  =D ).
Since the day Yee Chern came to the world, there will be some time until we can both go to cinema together once again.
Anyway, almost all movies I watched in 2016 I really enjoyed. Usually I am the one more picky about selecting good movie. I do not usually go by popular blockbusters. Generally I appreciate great storytelling and cinematography, usually search for deeper meaning and inspiration out of movie. To me, movie is not purely served as entertainment.
Among my 2016 list, the best highly recommended movies which impressed me the most are Spotlight (2015) , The Lobster, Nocturnal Animals and 心迷宫。Most entertaining is A Walk in the Woods (2015) ; most touching is My Love Don't Cross That River (2014) (Korean); Best Sci-Fi action movie is Train to Busan. All others I quite like, except 'Don't Breathe' I regret watching.

2016 'watched' list:
Ola Bola (watched in cinema)
我来自纽约 The Kid from the Big Apple (watched in cinema)
Suffragette (2015)
The Danish Girl (2015)
Brooklyn (2015)
山河故人
Train to Busan (Korean)
心迷宫
Me Before You
Spotlight (2015)
The Lobster
A Walk in the Woods (2015)
Right Now Wrong Then (2015) (Korean)
My Love Don't Cross That River (2014) (Korean)
Don't Breathe
Nocturnal Animals

2017 'watched' list - so far:
Your name
你的名字 (Japanese) (2016)
Between Us (2016)
Arrival

No comments: