Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Talking about my contribution in this General election this time

In the heat of upcoming General Election, I have one week free to help to do some online campaigning. With the bid to create political awareness and urging those who are still in Malaysia to come out and vote for the right party, it’s not an easy task to do. Later I’ll be explaining my political view.

The good news is, this time I have a number of my friends participate politics on the front line – they are now nominated as candidate for different seats at different place.

My friends whom I know since college years from a student organization called DEMA, they are now contesting under Parti KeADILan Rakyat for their respective state seats. I still remember the last time, they were my direct senior, still have not yet graduated from local public University. They are real student activists, which have their ideology and principles shaped. They know (and I know) what they are fighting for… for democracy, freedom, justice and better Malaysia!!! They are no armchair critics who only speak or write but take no action in the part of change. They earn all my respect and my blessing.

They are

Ginie Lim 林秀凌 – PKR candidate for Machap state seat in Melaka
http://ginielim.wordpress.com/

Gan Pei Nei 颜贝倪 – PKR candidate for Rawang state seat in Selangor
http://peinei-rawang.blogspot.com/

Chang Lih Kang 郑立慷 – PKR candidate for Teja state seat in Perak
http://www.lihkang.com/cn/

(read the recommendation about Lih Kang in 小芳’s blog, quite funny)
http://fannychew.blogspot.com/2008/02/blog-post_21.html


Another of my PKR comrade, who is now Anwar’s personal aide secretary, he is a King’s college graduate who studied in Law.
He is now contesting in Seri Setia state seat in Selangor, just next to Subang Jaya state seat where my constituency is. He is bright and full of vision, a progressive moderate modern Malay. He worths all my support.

http://www.niknazmi.com/wordpress/

I also heard from my elder brother that DAP candidate (a young girl which is an Australian graduate) in our state constituency is SMKSU (my secondary school) alumni.

I wish I were back there in Malaysia now to provide the help that my friends desperately need. I could do lots more for them. But right now, I could only be contented about spreading words by the mean of cyberspace.

I also registered as a postal voter not long ago, but I am in great doubt if my status will be confirmed by Election Committee in time. Or will my ballot paper eventually arrive here in London and manage to get back there for vote-counting in time, I don’t have much hope. What I can do, is not just about my one vote. I could do lots more to persuade and influence my friends to come out and vote for the right party. That could, in the end convert more votes into the final result.

I’m still doing my part in London, please join me if you are interested. More plan details will be revealed later. ;-)

1 comment:

周小芳 said...

嗨嗨,朋友的朋友,你好,久仰大名。我們在家興的畢業典禮見過面,可是我已不是很記得你的樣子了。

謝謝你連接我的部落,我沒有想到,你有閱讀我的部落。你是怎樣知道我的部落的?

我也是覺得我寫的那一篇介紹很好笑,尤其是我和我的朋友的互動,一定氣死立慷,哈哈。