Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update from me

Now it’s time to revamp and reactivate my blog for good reason – first, it’s certainly because my final exam is over!!! Yahoooo… maybe no more academic written exam for lifetime. Very good, isn’t it? Second, it’s my time to contribute for my beloved country during this election period. I have a week to do something about it, working towards the fall of BN and reconstitute a better and fair system for Malaysia!

Next Monday I’ll be going to take the next challenge --- I’ve got my first choice of the project selection. I’ll be staying most of the time in the lab in Chelsea & Westminster Hospital until September. It’s not a normal lab but a HIV lab, which is categorized risk level 3. I’ll be undergoing intensive training at first, in order to qualify myself to pass the Cat 3 test before I could deal with any HIV positive sample in Cat 3 lab.

I know my family, my dear gf, and my friends are worrying. But trust me, I don’t want to associate with any risk too. I’ll be extremely careful and discipline. It’s the time I gotta show the professional side of me, get serious and committed myself in scientific research which I like.

What makes me happy about it, is that the hospital is closer to my house than the Hammersmith Hospital which I spent all last 5 months attending lectures and practicals.
I’ll be cycling to the new hospital. I’m gonna save more transportation money and training myself to be more fit… what a good idea, muahahaha. Another thing is, finally I leave the sad place in Hammersmith hospital where you could only dine in their canteen or café… I’m bored to those repetitive menu and taste… now I’ll be in Chelsea (yeah!) everyday, and be spoilt of food choices (if I have time to do so to eat at different places)

Now, I’ll take the opportunity to apply phD position, since I am relatively free in this given one-week-holiday. I’m considering two applications in Germany, one’s in Heidelberg (German Cancer Research Center) and one’s in Berlin (Max-Planck Institute).
The phD research will be all conducted in English. Both institutes guarantee me grants and stipend if I am recruited. This saves me a lot of troubles to look for both funding and position in UK ( it is especially hard to obtain funding here for non-EU citizen in UK)
I’ve been thinking about doing a postgraduate degree in German-speaking country long time ago, now it seems like a good time to realize it and put it in action. I would like to face the new challenge and change the environment (after I’m getting so used to UK, especially London).

For those who are not in touch with me for long, what I’ve written above is an update from myself for you all. I would like to hear from you too. So, keep in touch!

;-)


(妙仪,你看懂吗?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck for your PhD application.

Anonymous said...

叫我榆懿~
少少啦~
呵呵~我也许会继续升学,在马大念硕士,若一切没问题的话,我想去台大留学。^^珍重哦~