Monday, October 19, 2009

Deepavali celebration with my Indian floormates

On Saturday, I was invited by my floormates to observe their brief Deepavali ceremony. Then i just decided to go.

I was actually very impressed how they set up their 'worship' place for that night in my student hall party room. The two god features were beautifully hand-drawn by one of my floormates. The decoration of the two lamps up there was also a nice probe.


They lit up the whole building with this small candle light, all the way from our 3rd floor to basement. It is like lighting up the guiding path to the worship place.


Materials prepared for worship ceremony


It is an easy-going process, with music, singing and clapping hands. Indians were in their traditional costume, and 3 Israelis were amongst them.

Party time

...and have fun with fireworks (is that what it is called?)
 

Finally, my photography art piece on the candles they lit on staircase for 4 floors. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last picture was amazing. The symmetry and the angle were perfect. Great job! ^_^