Friday, February 03, 2012

The feeling of homecoming... have I ever felt settled down or keep floating?



" Home, now that I'm coming home
Will you be the same as when I saw you last?
Tell me how much time has passed "

For years, I kept asking myself this question everytime when I was about to return home for (short term) holiday. I am probably staying 'too long' at overseas (a span of 7-8 years) -- this must be the perception of some (if not many) of my relatives and friends. Each year when I come back, I am in awe with all the changes to the physical appearance of my places, and more obviously with the persons I still care about here in this land. Everyone keeps moving forward, changing beliefs and thoughts.

"Find in me the hope
That you have never known
Find in us the faith
The faith to bring you home"

To me, this is a epic rock song. It keeps coming back to me, musically and lyrically.
The beginning of the song, the orchestral atmosphere and the powerful guitar riff kicking in, was used as my phone ringtone for very long time, until today it is still very captivating and memorable tune.

No comments: