Thursday, June 09, 2011

In memorial of TBH

One of the single biggest impact events in my life, was that I lost my ex-colleague/comrade/friend Teoh Beng Hock, via political conspiracy. Maybe many of my overseas Malaysian friends don't know why I am still so determined and refuse to give up hope for my homeland... if you had witnessed how your friend died in this way, you will know that in your heart, if you give up just like that without a fight, how can you face yourself everyday? 我会很愧疚,良心过不去(I would be deeply regretted, my conscience keeps coming back to haunt me). Now my friends my comrades have made so much sacrifices for the good causes for better Malaysia, and working hard day & night for making a change a possibility.

We can see some initial results and hopes. Why do people still want to give up hope, while they probably did not contribute or even laying an effort to fight and try to change for better? This actually makes me sad everytime I heard from some of my friends or friend's friend.

Don't my friends my comrades they deserved some credits and some support for all their efforts fighting for the good causes? How can you treat us like that while I know that, passively you would be equally happy or rejoice if we could finally make it? 'cause I know that you still identify (recognize) yourself as a Malaysian, just by how you love the beautiful landscape, the best and tasty food in the world, and the cultural practice that have long embedded in you ever since you were young. For sure I know that you are deeply dissatisfied and disappointed with the current state of our homeland, but please don't give up just yet. Please think of your friends, your family, your relatives, and all the lovely people who are still over there... if you do care about them.

My principle is, if you really want to see something happen, you must make it happen! you need to work for it. There is no free lunch in this world, and no good life without a good fight. Every step you take in your life, you could make a difference, no matter how small it is.

Together we can make a bigger difference, please believe in yourself, you can do it!


P/s: These were my inner feelings and words after that BBQ dinner night discussion about the Future of Malaysia.

No comments: