Monday, March 23, 2015

Farewell, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew

In their position, I found that SDP’s statement is the most graceful of all.
“ Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
Dr Lee Wei Ling
Mr Lee Hsien Yang,
On behalf of the members of the Singapore Democratic Party, I send you and your loved ones my deepest condolences on the demise of your father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew. In this time of personal grief, our thoughts are with you.
Chee Soon Juan
Secretary-General
Singapore Democratic Party”
---
Here I also would like to add a few more words:
We are all human, we should take care of Mr. Lee family’s and thousands of supporters’ feelings when mourning for the loss of the life of their loved ones.
That is also why at this junction of time, I want to be sensitive also to the feelings of Chia Thye Poh (read ‘Operations Cold Store’), Said Zahari (read ‘Dark Clouds at Dawn’), Lim Chin Siong (read ‘Comet in the Sky’) who co-founded the People’s Action Party with Mr. Lee. Also those names that appear in the documentary of “To Singapore, With Love”: Ang Swee Chai, Chan Sun Wing, He Jin, Ho Juan Thai, Tan Hee Kim, Tan Wah Piow, Shu Shihua, Wong Soon Fong, Ye Wanzhen.
They, too, have their families and comrades who have made the painful sacrifices in the past for an alternative but no less greater nation. For sure they will get far less recognition for their vision unrealised.
Only if Mr. Lee had approached and engaged them fairly, positively and freely, defeated them openly with reasons, utmost respect and freedom afforded to them, I believe all parties including me would sing praise of you highly unreservedly. Then I don’t need to take care of their feelings of their painful losses in the past (because that did not happen). By then Mr. Lee would be a great leader at such height that is truly well-loved by all, well-respected by opponents and would surely be positively accredited by majority of historians, as such accorded to Mr. Mandela Nelson and co. with glorious human values.
In the wake of the mourning of the late Mr. Lee, I sincerely want to thank him for helping me to appreciate more about the values ‘Liberty, Equality and Fraternity’. He constantly reminds me of what I want and do not want for the future nation of mine I want to help build.
To Singapore, with Love~

No comments: