Thursday, January 11, 2007

A decision seemed so right at the beginning...

You can never know what happens in future, nor can you predict it well. I just want to tell an incident which happened to me on the day of flight back to London.

That early morning, i was awaken by my mum. After wash-up, then i ready to go to leave home and go to airport. (I finished packing last night, and damn, i still have few kg space for the first time).

My flight was at 9.40am. Initially my mum said she wanted to bring me to the airport to have my breakfast, and then she and her friend will have their breakfast at Seremban. I came to think about the decision, and suggest another --- cause the food price at airport is at least 3 times higher than other place, thus i asked if she can bring me to a mamak restaurant (tanjung, 24 hours) at SS14 before i departed to airport.

I thought this is the best decision (at that time). Later when i reached airport, i found a long long queue to MAS counter for check-in purpose. When it's my turn, cialat, the computer system was down... i can't check-in and even get my boarding pass for at least 45 mins, standing in front of the counter. Bored at their problem.

Next, the flight is delayed. i was the last few 20 passengers who boarded the plane late. The whole plane was full, and all the rest of the passengers are taking their rest while waiting for the 'latecomers' like me. The aeroplane took off almost an hour behind the schedule. Also because of the weather condition, the plane had to slow down a bit because of the strong wind it experienced. Therefore it's one and a half hour late. Not my fault.

On the plane, i was so sick...sneezing all the way of the journey. Luckily there's a very kind and friendly Irish passenger sitting next to me, taking care of me by offering me some pills and tissues (i used damn a lot).

When i arrived in London, i called straight to my mum and my gf at the airport, telling them i was late and was fine. My mum was aslept and my gf was still waiting for my call before she can sleep. OK. After the immigration control point, the next bad thing happened is, my luggage was not there at the baggage pick-up point!!! omg... then i filed a complain at the service counter, and they reassured me that once they found it, they will deliver to my uk house. The reason it might get lost, i think it's because when the computer system was down, the check-in system also in disorder and confused. I suspect it gets to another plane to China (2 previous flight and one after are all to China).

Haih... so, if i decided to reach KLIA earlier to check in, i'll sure avoid all these problems. I don't have to stand for 45 mins in front of the counter like an idiot, and have plenty of time resting at the plane. My mum and friend can go to Seremban early and not wasting time waiting for me too.
And then i don't need to get that shock of losing my luggage. Luckily it arrived at my door today as promised. This is a good example of a decision made that changes the entire consequence. But who knows? i never regret of the decision i made at that time, cause it sounds more reasonable to have breakfast at Tanjung.

2 comments:

Wei Kang 小康 said...

人生,就是在做了决定后头也不回地继续往前走。

Anonymous said...

不错的经历。过去了就不要想,最重要是你和你行李现在安全抵达了目的地!