Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"First Bersih rally I've been"

This is a remake song from Frank Turner's "Eulogy", especially dedicated to Bersih 2.0 movement which I support (in yellow) (hhmm...maybe the next song I shall remake is Coldplay's "Yellow" if the government continues to have this colour phobia)

On 9th July, it was actually not my first Bersih rally. The first one I had, was in London about 3 years ago, which I also helped to organise. This song is for all those courageous Malaysians who took their risk, came out and went up to the streets for the first time of their life to support a noble cause for the nation, an act of true patriot!

The lyrics of the song is as below:

Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor (M'sia gov sponsored 'astronaut')

No not everyone was picked to be an astronaut,

Father - Tun Abdul Razak (2nd PM of Malaysia)
Son - Najib Abdul Razak (6th PM of Malaysia)
not everyone was born to be a PM,

Malaysia Opposition Leader - long suffer for rounds of harsh treatments and humiliations, persistently fighting for a just, free and fair people-centric Malaysia for the past 14 years!
not everyone can be Anwar Ibrahim,

Street view of Bersih 2.0 rally in KL
but everyone can march towards the streets.

Well I haven't always been a courageous person,
I haven't done what government had wished,
but on the 9th of July, I'll say at least I F***ING tried.



That's the only Bersih rally I've been,
that's the only Bersih rally I've been.

No comments: