Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A real human being with dignity and emotions

I can’t believe my own eyes that I witness the very moment that Zidane, one of my most respectful soccer player, headbutting an Italian player in the final of World Cup match. This is more of a crazy idea to think of, that he was sent off in the last 10 mins extra time, when France needed him the most to overturn the result, and win back the lost trophy in year 1998. Any sane and rational human being in that case, cannot even think about that move could be justified anyhow, and would want to take the risk of the fate and the pride of the whole nation just to release grudge at someone who is purposely insulting you. Not to mention that, that is his last appearance in his soccer career, for his country and for himself.

But you are seriously wrong. -- You are not Zidane, how could you know how exactly he feels at that time? It is a lot easier said than done… definitely Zidane would feel regretted about that action he took after that match, but you must understand sometimes words are a lot harsher and more hurtful than the physical harm caused to mind and hit to your heart. The impact is explosive and almost immediately, that is not something you can control sometimes – totally untolerable. I guess that sinful Italian player must have said something as vicious as Nazi’s propaganda. ( The secret will be soon revealed in the coming days).

Zidane is not a robotic footballer. He is a great player in the world with human emotions. Only extraordinary person (超凡人) can withstand that degree of insult hit right to your heart and be able to hold their rational mind in any circumstances. Even superman can't be perfect in doing everything, especially comes to the matters of emotions and feelings. Why must the greatest footballer in the world be that kind of person next to the God that you expected? In the end, Zidane is still an ordinary person (平凡人) with some flaws in personalities, but with excellent football skills that still impressed me (and the rest of the world) until now. He has all my respect and sympathy. I feel sad and sorry for him at that night.

2 comments:

Me said...

I enjoyed your rant about Zidane. I was shocked but not completely suprised.

cheehan85 said...

Thanks for leaving me comments!!!
I never thought my blog could ever reach Australia and meet random person like you! (forgive my ignorance about the open blog system on the net)

Actually i wanted Australia to win in that last 16 match. I feel sad for Australia when the Italian scored the last goal by penalty shootout. This is not fair, and that foul is arguable too.
Italian always have luck on their side, and escape all these cruelty.
Bravo Aussie! Wish to see them playing better in the next World Cup!